Thursday, November 28, 2013

The leader of the branch

On one job I encountered this Humanis Policlub. I went there undercover, because I was the only one on our team at that point who looked mostly human. Shrew has the ears, Nerdy is too nerdy, Morgan didn’t want to, or then she wasn't there with us, same with Jinx, and Bobby is nothing like a human. He’s a troll. So I went there.

Their thoughts seemed OK, and I stayed. I left the job to stay with the branch for a while and somehow I became their leader. It felt cool. I have to lie a bit, but mostly I don’t. I just have to pretend I hate all the metahumans, and magic. And magical animals. And everything non-human. I would take magic and magical animals out from that list and put humans there. But I’ll try to get on with what I have. I do have a plan to steer them into right direction. And if that fails, I think I try to go and get me a new pack of followers. Maybe from some animal rights -group. They seem crazy enough.

But anyway, my followers are fine. They mostly come from the streets. They need a place to stay and food to eat, so they say they hate metahumans. I believe they would say anything to get food and shelter.

Occasionally we go out on raids. We kick some metahuman ass and go back home. I try to go on those ass-kicking trips as well, but I just need to be really careful, because they are not supposed to see me heal. I just need to be very good. Well, we mostly fight with some idiots who are normal people, they are not gangers or runners. They just happen to be in a wrong place in a wrong time. I don’t mind, but they are normally too easy to beat. But it raises the spirits. My followers are not that strong. All aggressive and crazy people don’t stay in my branch. I report them and they go to other branches that do more fighting and hate-things. My department, or branch, is more like in throwers. We get people from the streets, give them food and shelter and make them fight for our cause. Well, their cause. It’s not completely my cause…

I do speeches and blame metahumans for every shitty thing my followers have experienced. I have tried to separate the ones who really have something against metahumans and the ones who just say that to get food and shelter. I want to make them run my cause, not Humanis Policlub. I just need to be very careful because some people don’t like my thinking.

I raised some questions and I had to defend my cause to the bigger leaders one day. I had some problems with one of my followers. Billy was trying to push me aside because I was away a lot when I was on my jobs. He tried to make everyone angry at me because I didn’t spend time with them. I think he was the one who spied on me.

One day Juggler came to talk with me. He visited my branch and found out that I was spied on. He found a bunch of devices that allowed the person who had planted them there to listen to me from my small office. That’s probably the reason why I had to explain my speeches about magic to the bigger leaders. I decided to buy devices that disrupted the spying-things. I also bought baseball-bats and duct tape for everybody. Good thing Juggler is so good at getting things.

Every time I went on my jobs I was a bit worried. I knew I had to get rid of Billy, but I didn’t know how. That’s when I demanded to meet one of the bigger leaders. It was interesting. I got the meeting. And then he said that he didn’t know who should go, me or Billy. He said that only time would tell. Maybe I was to be transferred. At that point he told me that they didn’t like my opinions about magical animals. I had tried to speak about their goodness, and that they weren't bad. Well, I was one so I knew what I was talking about. I wasn't about to tell anyone that though. I just explained that we should let the magical animals go because they weren't a direct threat to us. The leader didn’t agree. He said we should kill them on sight. Well, good luck with that, I thought. But I said that we shouldn't focus on magical animals now. That we should focus on getting rid of the metahumans first and after that massive mission would be over, then we should focus on the animals, because they didn’t directly do anything to sabotage our mission. The leader agreed with me.

The meeting didn’t go as I wanted it to go. I didn’t manage to get rid of Billy and I had to speak big lies. Well, I don’t mind lying. Mostly I speak the truth. I just find it hard to accept the fact that all magical animals should be killed on sight. Good thing they think I’m a human and Humanis Policlub doesn't accept magic. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep my position. They would try and kill me. Like they would succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment