Friday, November 22, 2013

The running, parts x-y

From that job on I have quite vague memories. I have done many jobs, I have gotten shot, my ass has been kicked a bit, but I have managed to win in the end anyway. There have been dragons and vampires. One time we went to the desert to catch giant scorpions for Jinx from the Death Zone. That was a cool job. I walked around in my leopard form, fought with a fire-breathing lizard (wasn't a dragon) and stole some strange eggs. And ate one.

At one point the otaku told me and Shrew we all had to move. Their headquarters had to be abandoned. I didn’t have enough time to take all my explosives so I left there somewhere around sixty kilos worth of commercial explosives and hit my sledgehammer on the wall so hard it stayed there. There was something to think about for the people arriving there.

The otaku didn’t like me and Shrew living there, and I had started to feel it wasn't a good place for me. Flats were quite expensive, and I think Shrew just grew on me. We started to get along; we still fight occasionally, but mostly we just get ourselves in trouble, alone or together.

We got a decent roof over our heads from Redmond Barrens. We claimed the territory, and no one questions that. We have quite a bit of magic in there, so all the bums go around us, as well as all the other trouble makers. Nowadays I have to go out and really look for trouble if I want to find some.

I have bought a transportation-thing with Shrew also. And we installed a machine gun on top of it. The transportation-thing is because Shrew needs to go on Lava Fields to do her magic. She has a cabin there, and occasionally I join her there, to guard or just walk around. She has her shamanic thing there. Apparently she needs lots of heat, or something.

Oh, and Opium left us a while after Arcology. I think she went to some jungle to be a soldier, or then something else. But she left Seattle. Maybe Arcology was too much for her. She didn’t want to be a runner in Seattle any more. I haven’t seen Rugh around either.

Nerdy’s mother was saved from the Arcology, and now, if it’s even possible, he talks more about his mother. She is apparently in a nursing home and goes to therapy. And he brings her flowers and takes her to walks. I would really like to meet this woman. It would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment