Friday, August 9, 2013

The running, part 2. Catching Mr. Johnson

Now that we had contact information for Mr. Johnson, we had to capture him. We, once again, gathered together to make a good plan. A plan to capture Mr. Johnson. During the planning I met yet again a new face. He was part of the team. A male troll named Rugh. Apparently he was a mage. I haven’t met him in ages, he probably decided to live quieter life somewhere else. Or then he died. Who knows.

As we had made a good plan, we decided to go. We had arranged a meeting, and others jumped into a car. My throat felt shrunken. I gasped for air trying to get in the car. My legs refused to carry me there. Others seemed annoyed. Opium asked if I wanted to run for 40 miles to the meeting. I said that it would be better than getting in the car. Then they said that I had to go on the metro. I hadn’t gone with one before, but I had understood that there were colored lines. I stated that I wasn’t able to tell the difference between a greyish line and a greyish line. I think Opium saw how anxious I was, maybe she saw the drops of sweat on my forehead, because she promised to go with me.

It wasn’t that hard to travel by the metro. As I had assumed, the lines were all the same to me. They were colored, but because I can’t tell the difference any more, it proves to be more difficult for me. If I know where I am going, I don’t have any problems though. When I was in the metro with Opium I thought about traveling around the city. I needed a transportation that wasn’t small. I didn’t like the public transportation because there was lots of people, and I wasn’t allowed to carry a gun. I thought that I needed a motorcycle or something similar.

When we arrived, I got my weaponry back. Others didn’t let me carry my things in the metro. They said it was too risky, and I’d be caught. I understood. But I didn’t like it.

I still wasn’t able to force myself to get in the car, and the meeting-place wasn’t there, so I had to run there. It wasn’t a long way, and I managed to arrive there a bit after the others.

Others had made a big point about capturing Mr. Johnson alive. Maybe they thought I didn’t understand without separate order. Well, I didn’t. But now I knew I wasn’t allowed to kill. No matter, I had still a chance to get in a fight.

When I arrived, there was Mr. Johnson’s limousine, and the teams car. Something had already started to happen. There was a bodyguard standing next to the car, and suddenly I saw mana gathering in the Astral Plane. The bodyguard fell down. Someone threw a smoke grenade, and the whole car was covered in smoke. The drived stepped on the gas and the car crashed into a fence. My team ran out of their car. A bodyguard rolled out from the front seat of the limousine. Somebody ran out from the back seat. That person seemed to be in a hurry. I decided to run after that person, because I assumed he was Mr. Johnson.

I caught up with the running Mr. Johnson quickly, partly because he was running almost towards me. He climbed over the fence. Unlucky for him, I was there to hit him in the face. He staggered, and tried to run away. I kicked him in the knee as he turned around. When he fell down I jumped on him and placed a knife on his throat. With my other hand I pulled his head back from his hair. I said that he didn’t want to run. I watched how his right hand slid inside his jacked. Then it came out with a gun. The hand holding a gun went slowly towards his head. For a small moment there I thought about slitting his throat. Then I thought that he wanted to die and I hit his hand with my knife. His thumb fell off, and when I pulled my knife back, his index finger fell off as well. He screamed.

My team came to me. They had destroyed the bodyguards, and I handed screaming Mr. Johnson to them. But first I cleaned my knife with his jacket. Then I walked back to the limousine with the team. I got a bit sad when I saw the place. They had had a bloody fight there. I saw a pair of legs on the other side of the limousine. The rest of the body was on the other side. And I wasn’t part of the fight!

We brought Mr. Johnson to an abandoned workshop. We tied him to a chair. Others were planning on interrogating him. I suggested that we’d kick the knowledge out of him. Opium disagreed with me and tried to talk the information out of Mr. Johnson. It didn’t work. She tried for a while and then apparently got annoyed. She started making phone calls. Others did that as well. I didn’t know anybody who could help, so I got absorbed in sharpening my sword, once again.

On the next day the head of Mr. Johnson exploded. Opium was very close, so she got most of the shockwave and brain matter on her. I wasn’t too far either, so my jacket was also suddenly covered with brain matter. The shockwave had knocked me out of balance for a second there. I walked further away from Mr. Johnson, in case he decided to explode some more. Opium said that it would me most wise to leave the place immediately.

I think that was the story of Mr. Johnson. I can’t remember if it had brought any new information or anything to the team. After this I don’t remember any occasion, where we would talk about Mr. Johnson and his information.

No comments:

Post a Comment