Friday, August 30, 2013

Being a shapeshifter

Yeah, that’s a hard one to explain. I don’t know from where to start. I have told how I was born, where I lived, how my life was for the first years.

Maybe I’ll start from the leopard form I have. I feel it’s my stronger form. Whenever I’m threatened, I feel better when I’m in my leopard-form. My reflexes are better, I hear, smell and see better. Of course, the sight stays harmed, but as a leopard it doesn't matter that much.

I have learned that shapeshifters are larger than normal animals. A normal leopard would be about 75 centimeters from the shoulder, I’m almost a meter. A normal leopard is almost two and a half meters long when counting the tail, I’m more than three meters. It’s needless to say that I’m in all ways stronger and smarter than my animal relatives.

I have never met a leopard, so I don’t even know how they communicate. I would love to learn it, so that I could try life as a leopard, now my life is more like a human life. As a leopard I wouldn't have to worry about police, guns, or violent deaths. As a leopard I would only think catching my next prey.

Normal leopard is yellow with black spots. I’m black, but in a certain light you can see the spots, a slightly different shade of black. My eyes are green. And I have told before, my body is full of scars. My leopard self carries all the scars too. The one in my head looks really nasty. Most of the scars are covered in the fur though. And if you see me in the street, you don’t have time to see the scars.

The transformation between forms is quick. It takes a few seconds. Of course I prefer to be naked when I’m transforming from human to leopard, and if I’m transforming the other way around, I like to have clothes around.

Normally when I go out to hunt I leave the home as human. I then go to a seemingly quiet place, take my clothes off and transform. Then I’ll hunt, do things I want, and then come back to the place I transformed in. Then I’ll dress up and go back home.

I don’t normally like to transform when there is anyone around. I just feel like it’s very intimate thing to do. I have done it in front of lots of people, team-mates, enemies, friends. I still don’t like to have an audience. It’s just that in the heat of the moment I don’t think about my audience.

The reason I prefer the leopard form over the human form is most likely because I was born as a leopard. It’s my real form, it’s the real me. I can just transform into human. I think it’s true, that I and all the shifters are just intelligent animals. But it doesn't mean that people could just treat us as animals. I want to be treated with respect. I’m not some lab rat that is destined to be miserable. I am me, and I deserve to be treated like any other runner.

I think I am a bit unpredictable when compared to people. People think I have horrible habits, as I eat raw meat. I prefer forest animals, but I’m forced to eat rats now that I live in Seattle. I can, of course, eat the food that people eat, but I don’t like the taste. And nothing beats the thrill of the hunt. I think that everything I do is very logical, but others disagree. Let’s take an example.

We were on one of our jobs. There was the coast guard, entering our boat. I didn’t have any of my weapons with me at the moment. I felt more comfortable as a leopard. So I transformed. I was ready to kick ass, but it never got to that. Jinx was able to speak us out of the situation with some help from the otakus. But I’ll get to that story later. The point is that they were not happy about me transforming without telling others first. Jinx was just walking with one of the coast guards, and had already told how many of us there was, and suddenly one of us was an animal.

Oh, and about the eating. I do eat raw meat, but I prefer to do that in my leopard form. The claws and the teeth are much more fit to dealing with thick skins, bones and flesh. Even though I have sharp fangs as a human they are not much of help when biting through skin and bones. Also, as a human I taste better. I taste all the crap the rats have on them, but as a leopard I don’t taste as well.

All in all, I am an animal. I am still capable of thinking on my own, making plans and communicating. I am not just an animal. I am intelligent and sharp. I think I am a very good runner because I am a shifter. Even though I can never install any cyber inside my body I can heal. No matter how big the wound I can heal, and I don’t need a doctor. I believe I’m better than a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment