Sunday, August 18, 2013

Life in the Redmond Barrens

I have understood that a district in Seattle called Redmond hasn't had any official action since 2029. There has happened some disasters and explosions and meltdowns. Nowadays it is most commonly known as Redmond Barrens. As I have stated before, it is a home to lots of people and animals, mostly rejects from the normal society. The bottom of the society, the people who have no rights live there.

Next to Redmond Barrens is a district called Touristville. There are bars and places; Touristville is not a slum like Barrens. I go to Touristville to get some different kind of action to my life when I get bored of rats and bums.

The Redmond Barrens is a home to lots of violent gangs. I normally stay out of their way, if I’m not in a suicidal mood. But I can trust to find someone to pick a fight with if I need to blow off steam.

The area I’m living in now is now known by the local bums. They don’t come to our territory. Apparently a shaman, her fiery ally spirit and a shifter is enough to scare even the tougher ones away. Of course, I’m not openly a shifter there. I don’t transform in front of strangers. But the word gets around. Someone might have seen a black panther running around killing rats, hunting spirits or just walking around. Normally I do these activities during the night-time.

Even if no one knows I’m the shifter there, I’m a person to be avoided. I don’t go anywhere unarmed. I have had to kick some ass to prove it, but now they know. I actually am a bit concerned about the fact that some people might want to come and kick our ass just because they can. People around us know that we are strong, some might think we are runners. Some people might want to come to test their strength. We have discussed about getting mines and planting them around our neighborhood. Also other traps might not be a bad idea either. I have loads of explosives in the house, it might be fun to plant explosive traps everywhere.

There isn't much to tell about the Barrens. Mostly it is full of abandoned buildings where no one lives. Normal people don’t come near Barrens. Everyone living there is either weak or tough. There is no normal people there. Everyone are somehow unfit to the society. Let’s take an example. I’m an animal. I would never be recognized as a full member of the society. I was born as an animal, and most people think I’m nothing more than a bit more intelligent animal. And then Shrew. She doesn't even remember what kind of life she used to live before the grave. Apparently she was very different from the person she is now. I would never be able to picture her in a normal life. She is too fond of fireballs. Oh, yeah. She learned how to make a huge fireball. Normally making just one makes her lose her consciousness, but most of the time one is enough if it is the way she makes them. Just last week she wiped out a helicopter with her fireball. Can you see her selling pizzas? Or working as a receptionist in a pod-hotel? Me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment