Friday, May 24, 2013

The Training


In the morning I woke up when the shiny-aura- man walked into the room. He was carrying a bowl of water and another bowl of food. He put them on the floor and sat on a chair. He watched me eat. ”I’ll teach you how to transform”, he promised.

It took me a couple of weeks to master the transformation completely. At first, when I managed to do it, it was by accident. After I had done it a few times I started doing it by accident. Whenever I was startled I transformed. I broke quite a few clothes in those couple of weeks. All this time those two men were there for me. The one who also transformed, he was a tiger. Larger and stronger than me. He was called Stephan. The other man was a mercenary called Luis. We were at a hide-out of Luis. Actually Luis wasn’t part of Stephan’s team, he was a good friend. He had apparently taught lots of things about humans to Stephan. Stephan was also from a zoo, but Luis and his friends spotted him first and stole him. They told me that the zoo had quite a lot shapeshifters born in there compared to other zoos. It still wasn’t very common. Sometimes, about once or twice in ten years, they heard about magical animals being born there.

They told me that I was stolen from the zoo by some runners. They sold me to a collector, who wanted me as a status-symbol. Other party of runners broke in, found me and sold me to a laboratory. After that they heard that the laboratory had magical animals in there. They did their jobs well; Stephan said that they didn’t get any money from that job. Everyone wanted to help. I had spent eleven months in the lab. At that point I was a bit over two years old. I wasn’t quite an adult yet, but I wasn’t a baby either.

When I had mastered the transformation completely, Stephan left. He wished me best of luck and said that he needed to keep going. His team had already left the area, and he had to go back home. He promised that Luis would take care of me and teach me about life amongst humans. I said goodbye to Stephan. That was the last time we met. I would actually love to know how he is, or is he even alive anymore. Maybe someday I will find out what happened to him.

My life consisted of studying English so that I could communicate better, and fighting-skills. Luis taught me to read and write. He also taught me unarmed combat, sword-fighting and etiquette. English was hard to learn to read and write. I had learned English by listening, and talking was a challenge for me at first.

Luis had some jobs to take care of every once in a while. I stayed behind, studied about paranormal animals, explosives and survival. I took off sometimes, I went to the woods as a leopard, learned to hunt on my own, learned to survive in the wild.

After I had become stronger in my human-body and were capable of protecting myself Luis started to take me on his jobs as well. Mostly I sneaked around, protected my post and planted explosives. I had fun, I liked to fight, I enjoyed the excitement and the killing. Other people of the team were a bit scared of me. They didn't trust me completely, or at least that’s the impression I got. They didn't speak English, so I got my instructions directly from Luis.

I believe it was my vicious fighting that scared them. I didn’t hesitate to kill. I jumped into situations head-on, killed with smile on my face and laughed at suffering victims. I don’t even know if I have a gentle side. It was also startling to the team when I transformed in the middle of the job, in the middle of the fight. Every time I felt like I needed more strength I transformed and attacked. As a leopard in the fight I tend to be even more vicious. Blood tastes sweet when I lick it off my claws. I imagined killing my torturers when I fought.

I never gained Luis’s teams trust. Not even when I killed a huge elemental in my leopard-form. They were losing the battle, because the elemental was made by a strong mage and was immune to their weapons. I jumped in to save them. My claws are magical weapons, and I strike hard. My claws made the difference, I killed the elemental. We got the job done. Still they were afraid of me. I didn’t care. Luis was the only one I wanted to help; he was the reason why I jumped in to save them

No comments:

Post a Comment