Sunday, March 2, 2014

Back to the Arcology, part 1. Never eat a fruit

We were finally ready to go back to the Arcology. The otaku had been making preparations, and they had gotten all of us to come with. We had a cover story, which would work, hopefully, without the whole group.

The otaku introduced us to a troll named Rugh. Not the mage. Apparently Rugh is a common name amongst the trolls. Maybe they don't have that much of imagination, or people just name them Rugh because they are trolls.

I had ordered three military camo suits. Last time I had only one camo suit, and it broke down early on. Now I hope I was more prepared. We had told the otaku that me and Shrew were going to visit the room mentioned in Dunkelzahn's Will. Apparently the otaku weren't that happy about our plans, but it was the only way to get us to go there and help them.

I packed my backpack full of explosives. Then I realized I wasn't able to carry it. I took some of it out, and then some more, and then some more. And then I packed a lot of explosives to Bobby's backpack. I packed some human food, chain, a lock, detonators, some extra clothes and socks, I think I at least asked around for a bullet vest for a leopard, then I packed a lot of bullets and my shotgun. I was ready to kick some ass, some Arcology ass.

We went to the place where the otaku kept their headquarters. All the other going to the Arcology were also there. Then the otaku told us their plan on how to get to the Arcology this time. Apparently the army was watching all the exits, so it was near to impossible to get there unnoticed. So the otaku had hired/agreed that some people posed as reporters and made a story about the Arcology. They drove a van, and it was filled with equipment, and part of it was saved for us. The area in the van was apparently really small. Stupid van. Shrew was talking about origamis and folding me like an origami to get me smaller. I told her I'd fold her and we'd see what'd happen. Rugh didn't seem to like our squabbling. He told us to shut up. I sweared at him. Who's he to tell me to shut up? Stupid troll.

The day was finally there. We packed our things to the van. Then I took a deep breath and packed myself in the van. When the wall was put there to keep us unnoticed I felt a drop of sweat on my forehead. Oh yea, I shaved my head. My hair had gotten too long, and I didn't like the mohawk anymore, so I shaved all my hair off. Maybe I look intimidating, maybe not, but who cares. Well, now everyone was able to see the huge scar I have on my head. I used to try to hide it with my hair, but now? I do not care who sees it. And it is visible on my leopard form anyway. I think if I get out from the Arcology alive, I'll get a bandanna on my head. Some cool, tough bandanna. And the brass knuckles as well. I have to look intimidating!

When we finally arrived to the parking halls of the Arcology I was swimming with sweat. I had had to use all of my self-control to stay still, so I didn't have any way to distract myself from the small place I was crammed in with a bunch of other people and equipment. I think I need therapy... Being a runner means you have to be able to cram yourself in tight spots and be able to work well and fight without distractions. Maybe it'll get better when I explode the lab...

I was the first one to push myself out from the place. I ran a while and shook the anxiety and horror off me, and then got back to get my equipment.

We met a thin otaku/nerd -person in the parking hall. He came through an air vent. He was supposed to be our guide for a while. He seemed jumpy, a bit ill and really thin. Others gave him food. He seemed to not expect miracles from our journey. Apparently he had been there for years, surviving. He didn't expect us to survive. He said something about bringing flowers to someones grave, and I told him we certainly would have flowers, because we had Nerdy. He told us that he had flowers because he had brought them along when he didn't have time to take them to his mother. Well well, Nerdy always surprises me...

Oh, and I got to use my secret information about Shrew. The thin guy introduced himself, and I introduces myself and I introdused Shrew as Princess. I decided to leave Terminator for later. If we both survive the Arcology, I'll certainly get some laughs out from her streetname.

The thin guy took us to a door. He checked the door very carefully, told us that someone had gone through it after him and boobytrapped it. He disarmed it. Morgan seemed to be interested in the trap, and the thin guy explained all he knew. But he seemed a bit bored when he explained. Like it would not matter, because we all would be dead within a week anyway.

We took a lot of stairs up, and then the thin guy left us to survive on our own. We started climbing the stairs. It felt familiar. We had done a lot of stair-climbing the last time we were there.

We ended up in a grocery store. We had gone through it the last time we were there, and it had been safe to go then. Now it seemed a bit different. I noticed fresh fruits on the counters, and I decided to poke a banana. It was a bad mistake. A fatal mistake, almost.

Things started happening. The fruit started to come alive, or something.

I don't remember the order of the fruits coming alive, but I guess the bananas were the sensors. Carrots shot at us, like mini-rockets. I got hit by one. Tomatoes did something, oranges rolled around on the floor, and pineapples started to explode. Shrew got a hit from a pineapple, I think it was. There were needles. She was in so much pain. Others said something about nanites. Well, I'd find out about Shrews pain later. Her spirit healed her, and others gave first aid. I didn't know what to do, I tried to give first aid too, but it seemed useless. And the medkit broke down or something.

We found a cozy place to rest. It was an abandoned daycare-center, I think. We needed to rest and get our strength back. I was already fed up with the stupid protein bars, but it was the only thing we had to eat. I wished we'd find an animal or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment