Thursday, October 31, 2013

The running, Arcology, part 6, the end

I regained consciousness many times. Then I was unconscious for a longer time. I was sitting on a chair, regained consciousness several times and then, when I finally regained consciousness completely, my head felt like someone had tried to do surgery on it with a shovel. I spent the first twenty minutes screaming my pain. I was angry and furious and all other negative, exploding feelings I could feel. The pain faded quickly, my feelings didn’t.

I was strapped to a chair. I was covered in blood. The chair was covered in blood. Next to me there was a robot with a knife. I tried to calm down and think. Then, after I had been quiet for a while, Opium came and released me.

The whole team was alive. Most of them weren't feeling good. They seemed to be in a bad shape. Opium was uninjured. I really don’t know what had happened. Some computer-things, apparently.

They told me the robot next to me tried to perform a surgery on my head to put cyberware there. Some datajack or something. It was so that I could be able to go to cyber space with the others, to fight Deus. Well, it seemed like an impossible mission. It had had to adjust the medication to keep me unconscious, because my body had destroyed the medication so quickly. Then, when I stayed unconscious, the robot had a mission. It cleaned my forehead. Then it made the wound so that it could put the cyber there. The wound healed before it could insert the cyber. So it had to start again by cleaning my forehead, then making the wound. And again, and again, and again. It left me with a scar.

I got my stuff back and shot the robot with my shotgun. It exploded, but it didn’t make me feel as good as if I had killed a human. I wanted to kill the human behind this shit, but apparently there wasn't one. Well, such is life. Life’s a bitch, I guess…

After everyone injured was taken care of, we returned to the place we had left from. The place we had stayed after meeting with the other group. I spent a lot of time staring my face in the mirror. It made me sick to have another scar in my head. It wasn't even fatal. I was sad for a bit, but now I carry that scar proudly as a remainder of Arcology.

At some point other part of the group returned to us. Ronin, Dodger, Nerdy and the otaku. Some of the otaku had died. Aneki was dead too. Well, I now remember that he was kinda out of it when he was with us. He had been the only person in the world capable of destroying Deus. And they had done it. Deus was no more. Apparently Aneki had gotten to his senses just in time to destroy Deus.

I didn’t understand half of the shit others spoke about their mission. Apparently there had been loads of strange things happening inside cyberspace. I didn’t understand, I didn’t care, I didn’t even believe all of it. All that mattered was that Deus was gone and we were able to get out.

We prepared to leave Arcology. The best way to go was through the roof. We headed that way, and saw lots of proof about Deus being gone. At first we met a guy with green eyes. He was curled up in a ball and crying. He kept telling that he was gone. I wanted to kill him, just because I could. Others thought it was the best, to put him out of his misery. So I cut his head off with my sword.

We met lots of other people with blue and green eyes. They weren’t hostile anymore. We got to walk in peace. Others wanted to visit a shopping center. Opium and Rugh went to find jewelry. I found a place that had sold katana’s. I took six of them with me. Then I asked someone to go with me to find a new set of clothes. I only had one set of clothes left, and it smelled terrible. I had worn it for days.

Opium came with me and showed me black jacket-suits. They looked way too fancy for me. They looked like something a businesswoman would wear. Not me. I prefer leather pants and shirts with attitude. And combat boots. There was nothing for me there, so I kicked the wall, frustrated. It made the alarm go off. Then we left the shopping center in a hurry.

After the shopping center I found me a fancy computer from a school. Apparently it was good, because all the otaku seemed to like it and Nerdy too. I decided to keep it myself and sell it for good profit.

When we got to the roof Rugh saw that there was an astral wall. Others went to the roof and I was left there, in the hallway. They said that the maker of the astral wall would notice if I walked on top of it, and we didn’t want any attention. So I sat there, alone. Frowning. I didn’t mind being alone, I just didn’t want to be alone there.

After seemingly an endless amount of time others told me that our ride had arrived. Just as I was about to climb of the hatch to the roof Rugh grabbed me in his arms and carried me to the ride. I told him I didn’t like being carried. He said that he would let me go if I wanted to. I let him carry me, even though it feeled degrading. I told him it feeled degrading. He said something about scratching me behind my ear. I’m not going to write what I said next.

The ride was very small to my taste. Because the other option was to stay in Arcology and walk hundreds of floors down and fight the army to get out, I made myself stay there. I was so happy to get out. I then decided to never return. Well, I’m going there again soon, but then it felt like a bad idea. Now I just miss the action.

Our ride dropped us off in the middle of nowhere. I had made sure that the otaku would help me to find out about the lab. They promised to do so, but they needed a few days to recover. I was ready to wait a few days. Well, I was going to wait in their headquarters anyway. They didn’t seem happy when they realized I was going to be their roommate. They wanted me to eat somewhere else. I promised to do so, and they were happy with that.

When we were waiting for another ride I decided to find me a snack. I was sick and tired of energy bars. I found me a stray dog, that looked a bit sick. It didn’t bother me at all. I grabbed it, killed it, dragged it to the others and told them that it was real food. Then I went to a corner to eat.

After a few hours our next ride came. My stomach was full and I was bored. I jumped in and got to the headquarters. I went straight to bed.

Later on I contacted Juggler. I took him my computer, and he promised 5000 nuyen from it. I asked him to pay with explosives, and he promised to get me a hundred kilos of explosives. And he gave me some money from the katana’s.

I was so happy to be back on the streets of Seattle. The otaku were getting a lot of information about the lab, my revenge was on the way and I was content. I had a roof over my head and rats to eat. What more a big cat would want?

No comments:

Post a Comment