Thursday, July 4, 2013

Goodbye Luis

My style wasn't compatible with Luis’s style, not at all. He was dressed well. For jobs he had expensive body armor. He looked like a professional, and that’s what he was. Even though we shared an apartment and a bed, we weren't similar at all. At first I had felt like we had something in common, but when we arrived to Seattle, I knew we had to go separate ways. He knew it too.

We lived a couple of months together, did some jobs together. He had a good contact in Seattle, a fixer named Juggler. I met Juggler a few times as well. When Luis gave me my share of the pay of our jobs, I bought loads of things from Juggler. He’s cool. He has gotten me jobs and weaponry, and also armor. He’s a professional.

Luis didn't feel at home in Seattle, but I loved it. I kinda missed the woods from our previous place, but in Seattle there was Redmond Barrens with loads of rats, devil rats and demon rats. I moved my hunting-grounds there. Rats aren't the only creatures there, but they are the most common. Of course there are the lowest of the low, lowlifes, some runners and such, but I fit in perfectly.


After a while Luis had accepted a job somewhere further away. When he left never to return, I felt a bit sad. At the same time I felt free. I didn't have anyone around me who would know my past completely, and I wanted to keep it that way. I hated the pity in Luis’s eyes. I have gone a long way since then, and I need to be strong. If I ever want to return and make those people suffer, I need to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment