Friday, June 14, 2013

Memories from the lab & Other traits

Even though I am physically strong and able to defend and take care of myself, I have weaknesses. I have found out that me being a shapeshifter makes me weak to gold. I have a very severe vulnerability. Gold wounds me. I have also heard that other shifters are not vulnerable to gold, they are vulnerable to silver. Leopard-shapeshifters have this unique vulnerability. I have not tried to touch golden objects myself, but I believe it can be painful.

I have noticed that living in the laboratory has left its marks on me as well. The constant smell of disinfectant has burned itself inside my memories. Sometimes, when I smell strong disinfectant, I return to the laboratory table. The memories are so realistic that it makes me shiver, shake and cry. It makes me sick to think about this. I’m a strong person, not a crybaby, but I can’t help it.

Other thing I think I got from the laboratory is claustrophobia. It is very difficult for me to go inside small places. I hate sitting in a car or in an elevator. It makes me edgy and jumpy and nervous. I find it difficult to make decisions or do anything that needs focusing. It also kinda takes me back to the laboratory. I feel trapped. I need to get out to think clearly.

I have noticed that sharpening or cleaning my sword makes me feel calm. Whenever I don’t have anything to do or something to focus on I need my sword. I sharpen it, I clean it. If I’m not able to do that, I get very anxious and annoying. I think it was from my days after the lab. I didn't know what to do, so I took knives and other edged equipment and cleaned them. And Luis had taught me to sharpen them too. I’m sure it had something to do with the fact that I’m feline. I like sharpening my claws.

I have a very good memory. Some people would say I have a photographic memory. I find it useful. I have memorized the people’s eyes, and I will never forget them as long as I live. I have also memorized some other faces during my life in Seattle. I have an unofficial list I’m keeping, and I call it ”People to kill before I die”. I have prioritized it. The first ones are my torturers, and then some runners, an elf from the elf-country that seems to be a coward, and then, of course, Billy. I don’t go by the lists order; I cross names when it’s possible. Right now it seems that I will cross Billy’s name from there next. But I’ll get to that later.

My sense of timing is also very accurate. I think it goes back to the days in the laboratory. I stared at the clock on the wall, counted seconds and wished I was dead. I can just wait a while, and I can tell how many minutes have passed. That is why I’m never late. I hate being late and now that I have a chance to affect my goings; I will go by the clock. As a runner I have had many meetings with many Mr. Johnson, and I have never been late. I might have been a bit unresponsive or not very sociable, but I have been there.


I am also very perceptive. I will notice many things other people don’t notice. Maybe it is also from my days in the laboratory, or maybe I was born with it. I had to try and distract myself from the pain. I counted seconds, I memorized the torturers eyes and voices, and I noticed lots of differences. I could say if their voices were sure, or unsure. I knew if they had something troubling them. I didn't know the reasons; I only heard and saw the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment